Friday, May 20, 2011

Gili Trawangan

5/11
I met 5 great people two days ago on the boat ride from Lembongan to Gili Trawangan! Martin from England, Tina and Lewis from Belgium, Clem from France, and Ayla from Canada. I am actually sharing accommodation with the two girls so it's nice to have girl time and not be riding solo any more :) The first night we had dinner then went to a party at Blue Marlin. That was the most intense techno/house/trance music I have ever heard! I'm not European, so I didn't even know how to dance to that!

The next morning we rolled out after "room service" breakfast and went straight to the ocean to snorkel with the turtles. We also rented bikes and biked around the entire island with Martin. Despite the many sand traps we made it to this funky renegade bar on the south side of the island where the locals were listening to music and spinning poi. So we had a beer, and a poi, and a dip in the ocean... why not? All six of us ate local food at the square and finished the night with more Bintang and conversations about the world's problems. After solving a few of them we hit the hay.

This morning Ayla and I dove at Manta Point and got to see a shark and many more turtles! I wasn't scared until homeboy came directly for me!!! I may have let out a squeal and awkwardly swam backwards until my dive master grabbed me and told me to be still! Ah! After the dive we snacked on the beach, shopped, laid on the beach (I was the whitest one out there!), swam, got a pretty terrible massage, and I sorted out my travel plans for the next 9 days! The Scoot crew had dinner together again at a posh pizza place and then said our goodbyes. Its going to be weird to be back on my own again... except Martin is coming with me so I guess I'm not really on my own! So long Gili T!

No comments:

Post a Comment