Friday, May 20, 2011

Nusa Lembongan

5/7
I just got back from diving at Crystal Bay and Manta Point. Apparently this is the "cleaning station" for the mula mula where they come get nibbled on by the small fish for their daily bath and return down to the deep blue. They are 6-8 feet!!! We were not graced by their presence, but we saw giant green star fish, octopus, nemos, sea snakes, and trumpet fish. It was just myself and a guide, Gereng, accompanied by an Aussie couple and their guide. We convinced the captain to take us to Manta Point to dive with the Manta Rays which was nothing less than magical! THEY WERE HUGE!!!!!! When I say huge I'm talking 6 feet wide, maybe bigger! Anyway, I met a guy named Owen from London this afternoon. He is staying at Nusa Indah as well, and we adventured ourselves on some motorbikes to the other Island (Nusa Ceningan) across the hanging bridge which was missing a few planks. I just drove as fast as I could and didn't look down. We found the blue lagoon, a jumping rock, and secret beach. This is the Bali I was looking for! It's a small and quiet little treasure that most tourist haven't found! Tonight we decided to splurge and have dinner at a beautiful French restaurant with two other people we met. So far so good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment