Sunday, May 15, 2011

On my way to Bali

Well I'm in Bali now and I am just now blogging about my one month journey that began on May 1st... so I have to catch you up starting on May 2

5/2/11
I'm all sorts of confused and delirious! It's almost 4pm where I left from (San Francisco) and now it's almost 7am the next day here... So basically I never really lived May 1st? I have a layover in Taipei and just saw two guys double handcuffed together carrying duty free bags and being followed by officials. Even prisoners get vacation... and duty free goods! I'm confused. And to make things more interesting, Denpasar isn't listed on the departures so I just picked a spot in a random terminal to park it and luckily there is free internet here! Just my luck I sat next to a Balinese guy on my long flight. I slept most of the flight but I did wake up at 3am to have dinner? (or breakfast?) I met my neighbor, Wayan from a village right outside of Ubud. He has a very calm and kind nature and had not seen his family in 10 months because he has been working on a cruise ship. Apparently that is a popular thing for Balinese to do. I guess Wayan is my first friend that I have met on my trip! If Wayan is any indication of how lovely the Balinese people are going to be... I'm in for a real treat!

5/4
I found a beautiful villa in Seminyak where I have my own pool, kitchen, and very own mosquito net! I have been exploring the city, surfing, doing yoga, shopping, getting oiled up and rubbed down, and drinking banana lassies like I'll never have one again! I can get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment