Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dream come true


Ready or not Galapagos... here I am! I am here! I am really really here! Coming to the Galapagos has been a life long dream of mine and I made it! You can not wipe the smile off my face right now. I could be robbed right and would still be smiling because I am here.

After a not so long debate about how long we want to spend in the Galapagos we decided to spend pretty much the rest of our time in South America IN the Galapagos. I am a little bummed that I wont be able to visit the jungle in Ecuador or some really cool beach we heard about called Canoa, but WE HAVE ELEVEN DAYS IN THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS! Aaaahhh! I cant believe it that seems like eternity! I guess I will have to come back to Ecuador another time.

We flew into Baltra from Guayaquil this morning. Took a bus to the ferry dock, took a quick ferry ride, took a longer bus into Puerto Ayora and that is where we are now. Its a little more pricey here than we are used to but its okay. We walked about 45 minutes to Tortuga Bay and swam around at Tortuga beach. It is a sea turtle nesting beach! If I was a sea turtle I would nest here too! The birds are rediculously friendly, you could probably pick them up if you wanted to. They dont have any predators here so I guess they arent afraid of humans. We didnt bring snorkel gear with us but some snorkelers said they saw some yellowish sting rays that seem to be popular around here and they saw a shark! A safe one. Along with lots of other fish and fun stuff to look at. We are probably going to go back there in the morning (with snorkel gear) since its a great place to jog to. Not to mention there were huge pelicans flying all around us and OH YEAH we saw about a dozen BLACK iguanas. Prati thought they were dead because they were not moving when we walked right by them and not to mention they looked like they were burned in a fire. But those are the land lizards we keep hearing about. The sand at this beach did not feel like sand. It was more like walking through flour or powdered sugar. I have never felt sand like this in my life! We are about go eat some chocolate cake at a place called Chocolate Galapagos (how original) but it is calling my name. I can hear it... gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment