Monday, May 4, 2009

No hijackings

I don´t have a ton to report on but I wanted to let everyone know that we made it to Arequipa on the sleepless overnight bus! Phew. I sat next to a little boy who threw up all night so hopefully it was just motion sickness and not the FLU! All I can say is that I am happy to have a bed tonight. Arequipa so far is fast paced yet beautiful! They call it La Ciudad de Blanco, The White City, because all the buildings are made of off-white volcanic rock called Sillar. Sillar looks similar to how I picture the surface of the moon. Arequipa is the second largest city in Peru (second to Lima) with a snow-capped active volcano towering behind the city. So now it´s time to get off the computer and go explore. Prati and I are exhausted so first things first we need some coffee in our system. We are headed to a little roof top cafe to enjoy the view and gulp some caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment