Sunday, May 17, 2009

Outdoor market in Pisac





What a fuuuun day! We went to a little town in the Sacred Valley called Pisac mostly known for its big outdoor Sunday Market. We bought gifts, tried all kinds of different Peruvian fruit such as grenadilla (see above), ate vegetarian chile rellenos, corn on the cob, veggie empanadas, home made popcicles, etc. It only took 45 minutes to get there from Cuzco on the local bus. We were the only non-Peruvians on the bus. Every public bus ride we take there are people trying to sell odd products. This time a guy was selling face moisturizer and then some digestion suppliments. We were in Pisac for most of the day. I had the best time! I had been very careful about which foods to eat in Peru since EVERY person I have talked to said they got sick in Peru. I had even been brushing my teeth with bottled water. Well... I let it all hang out at the sunday market. I didn´t even care! I said ¨at least if I get sick I know where it happened...¨ And whatdoyaknow I GOT SOOOO SICK last night! I´m pretty sure I got food poisoning. I have never had it before but it was B.R.U.T.A.L. Mom´s know best! When I told my mom last night (before I got sick when we were talking on Skype) that I tried all kinds of awesome local fruits and strange foods she said ¨Peeeeyyttooon you are going to get sick.¨ Well... she was right! Dang foreign food! The weird thing is that prati didn´t get it and he ate everything I did! The only thing that I had that he didn´t have that I did was an orange juice! WHO KNOWS. I still feel a little funky but I have managed to keep down a sprite, immodium, oj, and a piece of bread. I haven´t puked since 6am so I´m doing better. I´m about to be on a bus for 10 hours, so wish me luck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment