Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Galapagos




The Galapagos is soooo incredible! We rented snorkel stuff today and went to a few different spots. Guess what I saw... an OCTOPUS! That was my first time seeing such a creature. It was only two feet away from me. The first snorkel spot we took a water taxi then hiked to was called Las Grietas which was just a large water filled crevice in the rocks... half salt water half fresh water. Great hike, very cool spot, but not alot going on below the surface. Then we walked down to the Darwin Center to see Lonesome George, the 90 year old huge land turtle. On the way back we stumbled upon a cool tiny white sand beach covered in black volcanic rock where all the black iguanas were laying out. That was where the octopus sighting was! The current was whipping so we left to go chill by the green lagoon just down the street. (We are on our way there right now) But Prati had to check on the Manchester United game so we stopped by the computers. Oh! And I signed up for an all day scuba diving session tomorrow. I will be going up north to another island called Isla San Salvador. I read that San Salvador is the island that Darwin spent a majority of his time in the Galapogos on. The first (of two) scuba destination is called Cousins. I won't even tell you all the marine life the dive master said I will see tomorrow. I will save that for the next entry. I'm soooo nervous, yet excited. Prati isn't certified so I'm venturing off into the sea all by myself! Til' next time...

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of my Caymen Island experience. All I can say is .... soooo jealous! Enjoy and keep taking pictures! Love ya! Send Prati here and Forrest will get him certified to dive! I need to get certified too! She IS living the Dream ....sooo jealous ..... oh sooo jealous .... (muttering as I type away)

    ReplyDelete