Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mancora... getting close to Ecuador



Yay! A beach with some sun! The freckles are officially OUT! (don´t worry I´m wearing sunscreen) The last beach town was fooooggy, but this one has plenty of sun to go around. So much that Prati sunburned his legs. We are now in Mancora and only a few hours away from the Ecuador border. This reminds me of what Costa Rica was many many years ago. There are some great waves here for beginner surfers. We might try that out tomorrow. Today we found our own quiet place on the beach... tossed around a tennis ball for hours, chased sand crabs (that is quite possibly one of my favorite passtimes), and played in the waves. Another great day. We are staying at a hotel right on the ocean. We had to trade in our room with huge sliding glass doors that overlooked the ocean for a crummy room with no view because the cool room didn´t lock. Safety first! Mom would be so proud. After hearing about an armed robbery that happened last night on the beach I personally don´t want to take any risks. Could be rumors, buuut....?
We are about to go find a restaurant with ceviche which will not be difficult to find. Ceviche is everywhere and we have been holding out until we were actually on the ocean so it will be fresh. There is a rediculous amount of fun stuff to do here. Horseback riding on the beach, surfing, mud baths not far from here, some hiking to a dry forest, and waterfalls. I´ll let you know what we can fit into these three days. I have to run, this mosquito bite on my foot is driving me crazy! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having a good time and taking safety seriously you mother IS proud! Just makes me think that after Prati's gastric experience I think I know where Americans health is taking the hit. (Not saying I would have done anything differently ... except maybe not sharing my popcorn at the movies .. I love MY popcorn!) Stay safe and sunscreened up and keep having a ball! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete